BEAM is a free, voluntary at-home service designed to address the needs of adults with asthma. The program aims to reduce asthma-related urgent care or ER visits. Health educators will conduct home visits and assessments, provide services to address asthma triggers, and teach you how to use your asthma medication correctly.
BEAM is for uninsured and insured individuals 16+ and older with high-risk asthma living in Los Angeles County.
• Consent to join the program and obtain a provider’s referral, confirmation of asthma diagnosis letter, or other diagnosis documentation.
• Be willing to conduct three (remote or in-person) visits with a health educator over a one-year period.
• Conduct four 20-minute surveys (at the start of the program, and 6, 12, and 24 months later.
In addition to personalized asthma education, BEAM participants will receive:
* Pegasus Beautyrest Pillow
• HEPA air purifier
• Sweat X Free and Clear Detergent
• A gift card for completing each survey
Download the BEAM provider sheet to give to your doctor, or providers may visit https://bit.ly/beamproviders to submit referrals.
If you are interested in the program and would like a health educator to contact you. Please fill out the BEAM interest form. A health educator will contact with you within 48 hours.
We are pleased to partner with Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America and their Health Equity Advancement and Leadership program to bring BEAM to the Los Angeles region!
If you have any questions or need help, let us know here! Please do not use this form for media inquiries.