BEAM is a free, voluntary at-home service designed to address the needs of adults with asthma. The program aims to reduce asthma-related urgent care or ER visits. Health educators will conduct home visits and assessments, provide services to address asthma triggers, and teach you how to use your asthma medication correctly.
BEAM is for Medi-Cal recipients with high-risk asthma living in Central Los Angeles, East Los Angeles, Monterey Park, Montebello, Pico Rivera, El Monte, and Pomona.
• Consent to join the program and obtain a provider's referral
• Be willing to conduct three (remote or in-person) visits with a health educator over a one-year period
• Conduct four 20-minute surveys (at the start of the program, halfway, at the end, and a year later)
Download the BEAM provider sheet to give to your doctor, or providers may visit https://bit.ly/beamproviders to submit referrals.
For questions on the BEAM program, email our Programs department at firstname.lastname@example.org
• A free bedding cover
•Sweat X Free and Clear Detergent
• A HEPA air purifier (while supplies last)
• Educational materials
• A gift card for completing each survey
If you have any questions or need help, let us know here! Please do not use this form for media inquiries.