Tobacco use is the leading cause of preventable death in the United States. The F¡RST! program aims to provide students with the skills and knowledge to resist tobacco and nicotine use and empower them to lead the first smoke-free generation. It is designed for students in grades 6-8 and consists of 4 modules.
Module 1: Know the Risks
• Introduction to tobacco and nicotine
• Health consequences of smokingHow smoking affects more than just you
Module 2: Stress, Peer Pressure, and Vaping
• Introduction to stress and vaping
• Identifying stress/anxiety & positive ways to copeSocial awareness and refusal skills
Module 3: Are you your own decision maker?
• Relationship building
• Responsible decision making
• Reasons not to vape
Module 4: Taking Down Big Tobacco
• The tobacco & e-cigarette industry
• Cigarette ads vs e-cigarette ads
• Become the F¡RST! smoke free generation
Connect with our Development team to become a F¡RST! program sponsor!
If you have any questions or need help, let us know here! Please do not use this form for media inquiries.